1903: First edition published Sept. 15 as The Miami Evening Record;
1910: Renamed The Miami Herald on Dec. 1;
1937: Acquired by John S. and James L. Knight;
1946: Launched international Clipper edition for Latin America, so named because it was shipped on Pan Am flying “clipper” seaplanes;
1951: Won its first of 20 Pulitzer Prizes for reporting on organized crime in Miami;
1974: Along with others in the Knight Newspapers group, merged with Ridder Publications to become Knight Ridder;
2006: The largest paper acquired and retained by McClatchy Company when it bought Knight Ridder;
2013: Headquarters moved to Doral.